Low Fee Counselling Service - Nedlands, Perth
Postgraduate trainees of the Nationally Accredited Post Graduate Course In Systemic and Family Therapy offer a low fee clinical counselling service for individuals, couples and families.
Criteria for the service are broad and cover the following:
- Behavioural and psychological difficulties in a child or young person
- Relationship difficulties between parents and children, or in couple relationships
- Individual anxiety, depression, anger.
- Drug and alcohol related problems
- Agency and self-referrals can be made by contacting the course director, Roxanne Garven, on 0423 165 971 .
- Following referral, contact will be made with the client within 24 hours
- The consultation process will be discussed with clients, i.e. supervision of the work by the course director and the involvement of the other trainees.
- An information sheet for clients is available.
- The fees are $30.00 for sessions that will have duration of one to one and a half hours.
- We also ask you to gain a GP's referral and a Mental Health Care Plan in order to access the Medicare rebate. Your contribution will remain $30.00 per session.
How we work and what to expect:
In the first meeting we discuss the issues that concern you the most and negotiate with you the goals you would like to achieve in your work with us. We find it helpful to meet all members of the family or household so that we can learn how things are from everyone’s point of view. We hope to see as many of you as possible for the first appointment.
We work as a team in order to generate more ideas, which we will share with you. There are 8 people in the team, all of whom you will meet. The team members have undertaken postgraduate study in family therapy at the centre. They are all qualified in medicine, psychology or social work and they all hold positions in such areas as, child and adolescent mental health, adult mental health, school psychology or drug and alcohol counselling.
Only one person from this team will be talking with you directly and this person will remain as your family counsellor for the duration of the work.
We use a video link up so that the team is able to hear and see the consultation. Your counsellor will either relay a summary of our discussion with her/him during a short break taken during the meeting or we will speak in front of you as a whole team.
We ask your family’s permission to record the meeting, which we use for reviewing our work with you. This is, however, your decision.
We also evaluate our work with families and so we would like you to fill in a questionnaire about the problem whilst you wait for this first meeting. The questionnaire is brief and you will be asked again to complete it at the end of our work together.
Venue and Dates:
This service is available from 2/141 Stirling Highway, Nedlands, WA 6009 .
Making an appointment: For Online Bookings or phone Roxanne on 0423 165 971.