COVID - 19 modifications on my practiceFri, 27 Mar 2020
As a result of the COVID -19 pandemic, I have made two major changes to my practice.
Firstly, all sessions are being held via video/audio conferencing , through Zoom. Clients do not have to pay for this and it has proven to be an easy system to use and is a good " second best" alternative to face to face sessions.
Secondly, to ensure that fee payment does not get in the way of you receiving psychotherapeutic help during this tough time, I am now offering a bulk bill counselling service to clients whose financial situation has been affected by COVID -19 crisis.
Here are the details about how these two changes work.
Counseling impact of COVID-19: Face to Face Sessions are now being replaced with Video or Audio conferencing (Zoom) and Bulk Billing is being offered for those needing financial help during this difficult time.
What this means for you:
You will receive an email invitation from me to join a Zoom meeting, which you do not have to pay for, only download (from the link on the email invitation) onto your computer, tablet or phone. If you would prefer to meet over the phone instead, please let me know, as this is fine.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this way of meeting.
Bulk Billing Steps.
- If this COVID crisis is impacting on your financial situation, please tell me that you would like to be bulk billed. (Don’t be shy, I understand, and want to help, when I can.)
- Please get a mental health care plan from your GP, if you don't have one.
- I will send you an invoice for $75.95. the Medicare Item rebate,
- Please pay using one of the methods below.
- Once paid, I will send you the receipt,
- Register on MyGov website, the fastest and easiest online method for getting your $75.95 back into your bank account.)
Changes in Payment and Rebate Processing:
There are a couple of options for this:
On the spot payment. If you are comfortable with giving me your credit or debit card details, I can take the payment whilst we are in the meeting.
I will not write your bank details down, I will type them into the HICAPS terminal as you speak.
- I am unable to claim your rebate without your card.
Electronic Funds Transfer: The other option is, I email you an invoice with details for making electronic funds transfer for your session's fees, and then upon payment, I will send you the receipt, which you then can present to Medicare for a rebate.
Claiming your rebate:
You may want to register with MyGov on the MyGov website for online claiming. ( https://my.gov.au/LoginServices/main/login?execution=e3s1 )