Counselling - Families, Couples and Individuals
What you can expect:The first appointment
- When you come to the first appointment, we'll want to know what concerns you the most and ask you how you would like the meeting to help you.
- We will negotiate with you the idea of inviting other members of your family to this first meeting. This is to help us get a broad picture of the problem , to explore how the problem is effecting everyone , and to explore how each individual is responding to the problem.
- If there are other helpers involved, we may ask your permission to talk with them. If you are in agreement, we may also invite them to the first meeting.
- The meetings are confidential and this will only be broken if we believe you are at at risk or if someone else is. In this case, we will talk about this , and negotiate what action can be taken to protect you or the other person.
- You can expect change to come about either from the new perspectives generated from our conversation and /or experimenting with different behaviours and ideas in between meetings.
- We are always interested in your feedback on the therapy - whether it is "on track" for you and your family.
- Meetings are of one hour duration.