What the research says about family and systemic therapy…..
Systemic Family Therapy provides effective help for people with an extraordinarily wide range of difficulties.
The list below is a summary of results of many research studies. To read the full review of these research studies, go here.evidencebaseofsystemicfam/
For families with children and adolescents
· Conduct problems, including oppositional behaviour
· Emotional disorders including anxiety, depression and grief following bereavement
· Substance misuse
· Eating disorder
· As a second-line treatment for depression and chronic illness.
· Childhood physical abuse and neglect;
· Difficulties and problems with attention and overactivity;
· Psychosomatic problems
Family therapy with adults
o Psychotic disorders
o Mood disorders
o Drug and alcohol misuse
o Anorexia (adult as well as adolescent) and bulimia
o Distress in couple relationships.
o Chronic pain management
o Management of neurologically impaired adults
o Treatment of psychosexual difficulties
o Marital conflict and distress
o Anxiety disorders
o Agoraphobia with panic disorder
o Obsessive-compulsive disorder
o Major depression and bipolar disorder